COOKWARE YOU WILL NEED
- 8-quart pot
- Baking dish
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta, dry
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups extra sharp chedder cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup seasoned sourdough croutons, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons of Beyond The Shaker Truffle Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bring water to a rapid boil in a 8-quart pot. Drop pasta into water and stir. Boil 5-6 minutes. Pasta should be slightly undercooked. Drain off water through a colander, sit one minute and "shock" with a spray of cold water. Toss the pasta in an oven-proof baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the Beyond The Shaker Truffle Salt. Set aside.
3. Combine the onion, garlic, olive oil in a 4-quart pot and cook slowly for 4-5 minutes. Raise heat to medium and cook 2 more minutes, stirring. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Simmer 7 minutes on low.
4. Add the cilantro and pepper. Slowly stir in the 2 cups of chedder, 1/2 cup of gruyere, and 1/2 cup of parmesan until sauce is smooth.
5.Pour the cheese sauce mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Beyond The Shaker’s Truffle Salt over pasta. Top with the sourdough crumbs.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly browned on top. Enjoy!
Serves about 4 adults as an entree... or 5-7 as a side dish.