COOKWARE YOU WILL NEED
1 small mixing bowl
1 sided dish
- 1 lb fillet of wild, sushi grade, skinless salmon
- 2 tbsp Beyond The Shaker Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- Optional: fresh chopped dill and ground pepper
1. Cut the salmon into two equal parts.
2. Mix the Beyond The Shaker Himalayan Pink Salt and sugar together with any optional seasonings.
3. Cover the two fillets with the mixture on all four sides.
4. Line a sided dish with a large piece of plastic wrap.
5. Place one fillet on top of the other, then wrap the plastic wrap tightly around the fillets, adding weight to help press them.
6. Place in refrigerator for 12 hours, then turn the package over and let stand in the fridge for another 12 hours.
7. Remove the Gravlax, rinse in cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
To serve, slice with a very sharp knife as thinly as possible. Serve the thinly sliced Gravlax on crackers with a mild cheese.