COOKWARE YOU WILL NEED
- One large skillet
- One large sauce pan
- One large bowl
- 3 large onions
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 corn cobs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Beyond The Shaker Hot Habanero
1. For the chowder mix: sautee onions with butter, cut the corn off two cobs, cut raw onion, toss sauteed onions, corn and raw onions together. Set aside.
2. For the Corn Stock: cut corn cobs in halves or thirds (with corn already cut off), drop cobs in boiling water (maybe 1 - 1.5 cups), and cook roughly 15 minutes.
3. Make a flour slurry: melt butter in a bowl or cup (roughly 3 tablespoons) and add 2 tablespoon of flour. Whisk to slur.
4. Sautee: briefly sautee the "Chowder Mix" with the flour slurry, and discard the cobs and mix in the "corn stock". Add Whole Milk and few tablespoons of sugar for sweetness.
5. Season with everything cooking on medium heat - season to preference: Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Beyond The Shaker Hot Habanero.
If it's too thin - make more slurry. If it's too thick - add more milk.
Season and taste...
Serve hot or cold.