After the successful launch of our Hot Habanero blend we had some customers ask us to create a jalapeno blend. A blend that has the kick of a jalapeno but isn't quite as scorching as a habanero. A blend that incorporated organic garlic and all-natural sea salt to create a fiesta in your mouth. And sure enough we present to you a blend that has heat but isn't overly spicy. We like to say, "it's more fiesta than jalapeno." It's the perfect mix for those who like a little bit of spice.
Click on the tabs above for more application and dish ideas, or to read the complete description of this premium gourmet salt.
- Use it as a finishing salt sprinkled over a ribeye
- It's great for making a spicy compound butter
- This is incredible atop a cheese pizza
- Mix with sour cream for an easy dip
- Sprinkle over sauteed greens
- Dust atop rice pilaf
- Amazing as a finish over quesadillas or fajitas
- Mix with lean, ground turkey and create a mexican stirfry with a side of guacamole, salsa and sourcream
- It's sublime as a light dusting over a meaty fish (like swordfish, monkfish, tuna, salmon, mahi mahi, and bluefish)
Sometimes less is more. We often subscribe to this philosophy, especially in the kitchen or test kitchen. This blend is pretty simple, yet the flavor profile is complex. We start with pure, unrefined Red Alaea sea salt, add minced organic jalapenos, organic jalapeno powder, and organic garlic.
This blend is extremely versatile (we add it to almost everything), which allows the home chef to add a little garlicky, spicy heat to almost any dish. Sprinkle over some raw or cooked veggies for a different twist on your snack or side dish. We recommend "playing" with this blend... try our suggestions below, but please let us know how you like to use it!
Pure unrefined Red Alaea sea salt, minced organic jalapenos, organic jalapeno powder and organic garlic.
great flavor and extra kick
Posted by Adam on August 3, 2016
This is a great alternative to boring old taco seasoning. I've used this in everything from homemade guacamole to meats, nut mixes, even salad dressings. I agree with Caz on popcorn, whenever I pop some it's always a toss up between adding the Fiesta or the Bacon Maple salt (also epic!).
Posted by Caz on October 28, 2014
Mixed with real butter this salt makes the BEST Popcorn