Inspired by the flavors and vibrant colors of Mexican cuisine, we balance the heat of several types of chili peppers with Hawaiian Black Lava & Red Alaea salts. We then add organic carrot and cilantro to the mix to round out the taste-profile. Try this spicy blend on crab cakes, chicken tacos, or on a southwestern-style salad.
Click on the tabs above for more application and dish ideas, or to read the complete description of this premium gourmet salt.
- Mexican-style seafood marinade (add the blend to lime juice and toss in a ziplock bag with firm fish or shrimp)
- Sprinkle on the top of crab cakes (for extra flavor add bell pepper to a traditional crab cake recipe)
- South of the Border Salad (mix blend with lettuce, diced avocado, green onion, romano cheese, refried beans, a squeeze of lime and a touch of vinegar)
- Mexican-style barbeque sauce or rub
- Tamales (add to dough mixture or cheese filling)
- Rim the glass of a frozen lime margarita
- Sprinkle on baked chicken breast just prior to serving
- Add to cream cheese and generously spoon onto baked potatoes
- Mixed into traditional Mexican rice
- Dust over homemade nachos
- Add to the top of cream of cauliflower soup with a drizzle of olive oil
- Spicy compound butter (combine salt with softened butter and chill for later use on crusty toasted bread or with grilled vegetables)
- Huevos rancheros (combine salt blend with chopped tomatoes and garlic, and puree in blender until smooth. Simmer in sauce pan that includes cooked onions. Fry eggs in a separate pan and plate the cooked eggs over the tomato mixture for serving)
We add several different chili peppers to our blend to create a comprehensive heat profile including ultra-spicy habanero, more mild guajillo, fruity ancho and slightly-sweet mulato. We then use organic dried cilantro and carrot to our blend, which unifies all of the ingredients to produce an intense but also mature flavor profile.
Our Hot Habanero is very versatile, which allows the home chef to add spicy heat to almost any meal. Sprinkle onto chopped chicken or ground beef for flavor-forward soft tacos. Try it on the rim of a bloody mary or saucy margarita for attention-grabbing flavor and color. Or add this blend to homemade salsa or guacamole for additional heat.
Hawaiian Black Lava salt, Hawaiian Red Alaea salt, ancho peppers, habanero peppers, mulato peppers, guajillo peppers, organic carrots and organic cilantro.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 13 | Next
Posted by Sarah J on November 14, 2017
GREAT job keeping the recipe true!!! It's still SO good and perfectly spicy. I probably use this the most our of all the blends because I'm a bit of a Chili-Head!
we love it!
Posted by Karen Randall on March 10, 2015
We love these gourmet salts and will be buying a lot more in the future! Great people to help you when you need help online too!
Posted by Jeremy on October 10, 2012
I thought a "hot habanero" salt would be hot... but didn't expect this amount of heat. Great if you like "HOT" but not for the timid!
Tasty and Hot!
Posted by GV on May 4, 2010
Put it in marinara sauce to make a quick Arrabiata sauce!
Posted by Brad - Ohio on February 9, 2010
Sprinkle this on top of meatloaf for a zippy treat. I loved it!
The perfect addition
Posted by Trish on January 27, 2010
In making a chicken tortilla soup, I added this because I didn't have any chili powder to add and the result was perfection! In fact, it was better than the original recipe that I had. It had a nice kick but not overly hot. I highly recommend it!
Tried it this Weekend at Chicago Food Show - AWESOME
Posted by Samantha on January 25, 2010
Ok, this stuff is amazing. Got to try it live this weekend at a food show in Chicago, and I can't stop thinking about it. Purchased the stuff right there and then. You won't be sorry. Seems to go well with everything.
Pass the Habanero and get outta my way!
Posted by Charski on December 1, 2009
I worried whether this might be TOO hot, as some habanero things seem to need to knock you out of your sox to "prove themselves" - but this is JUST RIGHT. I transferred about half the bottle into a small salt grinder and we use it at the dinner table in place of salt & pepper. It's awesome with the little grinder as it makes the pepper flakes finer and more easily dispersed over whatever you're eating. REALLY good on turkey sandwiches and rare roast beef!
Posted by R. Leonard on November 22, 2009
I tend to shy away from anything containing the word Habanero but I love this salt. It's spicy but balanced. Really perks up cheese quesadillas.
Very Spicy and Very Good
Posted by David G. on October 4, 2009
Love this salt. It works well with a lot of foods. It looks really cool too with all the black and red and green.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 13 | Next