When you think hickory you think intense. Hickory wood creates a heavy, deep smokey intenseness like no other wood. When people ask what they should expect, we often tell them it's a full-fledged bonfire in a jar. This isn't a slightly smokey salt. This isn't "delicate". This is a smokey punch in the face. It's exactly what some people love and it's too intense for people not used to smoked salts.
We love it to "punch up" dishes that may need a little extra seasoning.
- This is great when used in slow roasts.
- Excellent finish over spare ribs or baby back ribs
- Try over jambalaya
- Dust over roasted potatoes
- Incredible addition to beef stew
- Lovely over a red fish stew
- Absolutely divine over Fra Diavolo
- Atop creamy fettucini alfredo
- Sprinkle over chicken noodle soup
- Gently rub on the skin of a duck breast before roasting
- Incredible on grilled eggplant
- Fold into pulled pork
This is the perfect smoked salt for those who have already dabbled in smoked salts and want an even bigger "punch". This smoked salt is truly smokey... like a bonfire in your face. The key to any salt (smoked, all-natural, blended etc.) is that a little bit usually goes a long way. Less is generally more. Gourmet salts and smoked salts are meant to bring out the natural flavor of food and it's supposed to make you want another bite, then another and another.
This smoked sea salt will do just that. Add complexity and depth to your food... don't over salt, especially with this one.
Pure unrefined sea salt naturally smoked over hickory wood.