COOKWARE YOU WILL NEED
- 1 baking sheet
- plastic wrap
- 1 whole grouper or other meaty fish (about 1/2-lb of fish per person) butterflied,
halved with backbone removed, and skin on
- 4 Tbs. chopped shallots
- 1 bunch finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mild wine vinegar
- 1 cup water saturated with salt
- 1 Tbs. cayenne pepper
- 6 large cloves of garlic, crushed
1. Line baking sheet with plastic wrap, place the fish skin-side down and spoon the chimichurri over it.
2. Cover with plastic and let sit all afternoon, or at least three hours.
3. Put fish skin-side down on a hot covered grill and spoon any leftover marinade over it.
4. When the marinade bubbles on top (about 15-20 minutes), it is ready. Serve immediately with freshly grilled corn on the cob and a green salad.